An enlightening workshop to support educators in enhancing their understanding of emotional intelligence and positive communication to benefit their teaching, student interactions and so improved learning outcomes through increased engagement and a positive environment
NESA REGISTERED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Completing this course will contribute 5 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 1.2.2, 3.5.2, 4.1.2 and 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW. Professional Standards for Teachers with a total of 5 hours accreditation for participation.
At the completion of the workshop attendees will have a basic understanding of emotional intelligence, have developed strengths-based knowledge to support in their daily interactions and activities, have begun to evaluate their own methods of communication to utilise positive moments in their classroom and professional planning. They will have been provided research findings, discussed examples and trialled tangible tools to support their growth as an educator.
Emotional Intelligence for Teachers
- Understanding what is emotional intelligence
- Self-awareness in the classroom
- Creating positive learning environments
- Using supportive language in the classroom
- Identifying positive teaching techniques
- Applying a strength framework in the classroom
Self-Reflection of Communication Skills
- Role of positive recognition and praise
- Differentiating the varying forms of communication
Implementation for Teachers
- Creating action oriented goals to identify practical and tangible outcomes to enhance student interactions and learning outcomes.
|Student Group||K-12 Educators, Highly Accomplished Teachers, Executives, Principals and School Directors|
|Cost||$250 plus GST for individual sessions, contact us for group charges|