What I Wish My Parents Knew
The Careers Department – October 2019
This episode is a great step one for parents of children that feel indecisive about their career path. They’ve been told to follow their passion, but they don’t feel especially passionate about anything. They’ve been told to let their strengths guide them, but they’re not sure what they’re best at. They may have felt they had answers in the past, but they’ve changed and they’re no longer sure of where they’re going.
Victorian Parents Council Podcasts
In March 2019, Kathryn was interviewed by Victorian Parents Council for a series of podcasts covering several topics:
Vocational Subjects v Academic Subjects
The Changing nature of Work
Alan Pearsall on 3AW – Talking Education:
Support for Transition in uncertainty
Wellbeing Australia: Kathryn Taylor and Jacqui Van de Velde
Understanding the challenges of the evolving and altering environment, Wellbeing Australia is seeking to provide solutions and strategies to assist those caring for or supporting youth through transition during these uncertain times.
Focusing on senior and tertiary students, our forum will provide insights and actions families and schools can take to deliver a strong framework of support to those entering a key point of transition.
Our online forum, hosted by WBA’s Kathryn Taylor and Jacqui Van de Velde, will provide two viewpoints followed by Q&A. Focusing on the wellbeing of all involved.
Post school Options: What is the Pathways to Success?
Kathryn facilitates a panel discussion with:
- Catherine Dean, Deputy Dean and Associate Dean Learning and Teaching, Faculty of Medicine, Health and Human Sciences
- Renai Larkin, Global Talent Acquisition – Healthcare & Life Science
- Mel Timmerman, Leader of Community Partnerships & Pathways with St Leo’s Catholic College
- Catherine Rumi Badger, Careers Adviser with The Ponds High School
- Leanne Valencia, Student Opportunity & Career Education Advisor, Kincoppal-Rose Bay School of the Sacred Heart