At the completion of the workshop attendees will have been supplied with proven techniques for positive personal presence using specific examples and tangible tips to enhance current capabilities within the job hunt or professional capacity. They will have a comprehensive understanding of aspects of appearance and presentation from a professional and employer viewpoint to utilise themselves or provide to others.
The theory of interacting with an employer is supported by this interactive workshop where we analyse our communication skills, body language and appearance to understand how we can improve our interactions through positive choices.
- Perception vs Reality: Understanding the importance of how we dress and act in making a positive first impression.
- Presence & Stance Awareness: Reflecting on core body language skills such as gesture, gaze, and stance in a professional business setting.
- Voice & Tone Techniques: Engaging role plays to demonstrate the importance of key communication skills in interview settings.
- Greetings & Introductions: Highlighting the role of a good hand shake and confident introduction to best position oneself in a positive light.
- Dress & Image: Discussing employers expectations in terms of a professional dress code for males and females alike.
- Questioning & Listening Skills: Asking targeted and meaningful questions to demonstrate company knowledge and professional insight.
|Student Group||Year 9 -12 high school students and post school students in further studies|
|Location||Available from your School|
|Duration||1- 1.5 hours|
|Cost||Available on request|
Killara High School